Saturday, April 4, 2009

Big Ambitions, Bad Timing

I'm the optimistic graduating senior, with big dreams of moving to New York City. I'm a journalism major who thinks that personal style is the most sincere form of self-expression. I was so lucky to find Alice, a former magazine editor and overall awesome role model and friend, in my little city of Omaha, Nebraska. It was fate. I'm so lucky to be able to work in an environment where the merchandise is constantly changing and the inspiration is always flowing. You never know who you're going to meet. New customers are always commenting on the beauty, almost gallery-esque, aesthetic of Trocadero. It really is the Colette of the Midwest. You can find something for anyone your life here (just try), and we are here to guide and educate you. If you're looking for a particular product that's not available in Omaha, ask Alice about possibly carrying it. Trocadero is more than just a store, it's a collaborative lifestyle. You, the customer, friend and fellow Omahan play a crucial role in our mission to make our city a cultural destination. 
As most of you probably know by now, I am the editor of Trocadero Tidbits, our weekly newsletter. It's an ongoing project, and any feedback either here on the blog or directed to the shop's e-mail, shoptrocadero@mac.com, is most appreciated. Maybe it will help me get a job, who knows. Keep your fingers crossed. 
Stay tuned for my posts on my favorite products, interesting encounters and who knows what else. After all, it's all happening.   

No comments: