Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thoughts on a honeymoon...

I've been in the thick of wedding planning during the past two weeks, and though it's still a lot of work, one of the most enjoyable tasks popped up on my to-complete list last week: book honeymoon.

We're planning a trip to San Francisco and Napa Valley. We've both been to San Francisco once, though not together, and this marks our first voyage to wine country. Though my honeymoon isn't until this fall, since I have it on the brain, I thought I'd write about some of my top Troc pics for casual yet beautiful honeymoon style.

Every time I look at the Botkier Haley sandal, I think honeymoon. Maybe it's the soft creamy pleating or the comfortable flat style, which looks like it would be perfect for hours of walking around any romantic destination. I'd love to wear it with a maxi dress and beachy, wavy hair.

For a night on the town, these striped Guiseppe Zanottis (the ones at Trocadero have a shorter, more walkable heel) are perfect. Dress them down with a pair of skinny jeans, dress them up with a little black dress. They're so happy and eye-catching. Perfect, I think, for a newlywed bride.

Alice just started to carry pieces by designer Kara Ross, and so far, I've loved everything of hers that I've seen. This burlap clutch with just a touch of gold lizard on the simple slide clasp strikes me as the perfect bag for evenings while out of town. A bride could pack just this with a few simple outfits and be set for the whole trip. It's a classic.

No comments: