Monday, April 20, 2009

Trocadero Shops Your Closet: Get Rachel's Look

I've had Rachel Bilson and her amazing style on my mind since I did the summer scarves post a few days ago. When I worked at Trocadero on Sunday, I saw that we'd received a selection of gorgeous tie-dyed scarves since my last shift. (Read more about them in this week's Trocadero Tidbits newsletter, which comes out mid-week.) In the meantime, I found a photo of Rachel sporting a version of the scarves in the store now, created by TDM Designs. It's on the right.

Her look is perfect for the weather we've been having as of late, and its one that's easy to recreate. Most of us probably have a rocker tee, a pair of skinny jeans, a pair of flats with fun detail and a colorful bag in our closets already. In this case, it's all about how you put simple pieces together for a casual but pulled together finish.

I turned to Polyvore to help me with some options to get Rachel's look. The three vintage rock and roll t-shirts are something you can buy at a chain store, like Forever 21, or scour your local thrift or vintage shop for the real thing. Ramones shirts, in my opinion, are always cool. The three scarves are very close to ones Trocadero's got in store now: solid scarves in midori green and cream, and dark blue tie-dye like Rachel's. All the jeans featured below are by J. Brand; they're sort of the quintessential skinny jeans, no? Going with black or indigo for this look is more flattering, though I can also see it working with this summer's white jeans, too. Finally, I chose three casual chic accessories from Trocadero's stock: a Kara by Kara Ross anaconda bracelet in a gorgeous magenta, the Botkier "James" tote in a vibrant purple and our newest Marc by Marc Jacobs striped Miss Marc flats.

If you don't subscribe to the Trocadero Tidbits newsletter yet, do it here by clicking on Mailing List once you get on the site.
Get Rachel's Look
Photo of Rachel courtesy TFS.

No comments: