Tuesday, April 28, 2009

We love Rafe

I have been a fan of Rafe's handbags since the late 90s when I first scouted his line at a showroom or a trade show. It's hard to remember the exact way that I stumbled upon his wonderful designs but I have been fortunate to have lent a hand in making Rafe bags a household name by featuring them in In Style and now at my shop, Trocadero. This season I especially love the collaboration he did with Tibi. The designer behind Tibi, Amy Smilovac, is just a great, energetic and multi-talented woman whose line became much more than the dresses I remember seeing way back when. I remember fashion when both of their lines did not exist and it's always so exciting to watch as your friends become successes in their fields.


I just got a message from Rafe that he is now in American Express' new campaign and I couldn't be more proud! His bags pop off the page and I love that his company is getting the recognition it deserves. I also love American Express because it really supports small businesses like myself. Their fairly new Plum Card is genius and has been my lifeline in many ways. Below are a few other bags and clutches available at Trocadero and starting for Fall we will be carrying his shoe line. Wait until you see the amazing motorcycle boot. embellished ballet and studded bootie pump we have coming. I know that I can't wait.



1 comment:

Rafe Latest News said...

I love you too Alice! Thank you for blogging about me. This is awesome.