Saturday, April 18, 2009

Summer scarves, part two

In the new issue of InStyle, which came in my mailbox last week (a new fashion magazine in the mail always excites me) the editors debuted a new feature, Ask Rachel, where actress Rachel Bilson tackles readers style queries. Bilson is one of my favorites to watch, style wise, and apparently I'm not the only one that likes her look. At the front of the issue, InStyle cites a reader survey it conducts on what celebrity has the best personal style and Bilson regularly comes out on top. I think its incredibly cool that Bilson took on this challenge, and I am looking forward to reading her answers to different questions each month.

This month, though, she mentions one of her favorite style accessories, the summer scarf. As I've blogged about before, I simply love scarves. Here's the question and Rachel's answer from the magazine.

Q: What are some tips for wearing scarves in warm weather?

A: My favorite accessory! A lightweight blend, like cashmere-silk, is one you can use year-round. I tend to go for longer ones because you can do more. Fringe is kind of over, in my opinion. Matta makes scarves edged with pom poms, which are a cool alternative to fringe.

Rachel is pictured at left wearing a very cool summer scarf in a sunny yellow, along with some simple basics: black skinnies, a black leather jacket and a white t-shirt. If you're in the market for a summer scarf of your own, stop by Trocadero. We have a number of options: Mai Cashmere, TDM Designs and Yarnz scarves, which come in Bilson's recommended silk-cashmere blends as well as some eco-friendly versions made of bamboo.

Photo courtesy of The Fashion Spot

No comments: