Thursday, April 2, 2009

A wedding...

So full disclosure: I'm getting married in six months. (That's my ring over there.)

I haven't done any blogging at all about the wedding, though I do spend quite a bit of time working on the planning. Being your own wedding planner is fun, though its also a huge job. I figured there might be a few other brides to be, or other readers, who'd enjoy reading about my experience so far. So this is the first of some posts dedicated to "wedding stuff."

I've spent a lot of time thinking about what to get my bridesmaids and maid of honor for gifts. I've only ever been in two weddings: one bride gave me a pen and pencil set and the other gave me a necklace to wear the day of the wedding, along with a clutch purse filled with things like mints and kleenex.

I really want to get my girls something amazing. Because some of them might be reading this post, I won't say what I've done thus far. I can say that I bought each of them a pair of shoes to wear the big day - they already know that.

Working at Trocadero has given me tons of ideas for cool bridesmaids' gifts. I think the new Anya Hindmarch totes (which Alice blogged about here) would be an adorable way to package the gifts. And, if money were no option, I'd get each girl a monogrammed necklace, like the ones I blogged about here.

But as to what I'll actually get them, so far, I'm stumped. So that leads me to pose a question: If you were in a wedding, what would you like? And if you had a wedding, or have been in one, what did you get? I'm excited to get some feedback.

4 comments:

Mr. Jay said...

Well, congratulations on the wedding! I am excited for you, because I love the idea of weddings, they are such glamorous occasions. I have always wanted to be a wedding planner =) Anyway, as far as what to get your bridesmades and such, I would suggest something that you know they would like, and something that you like as well. I always like the idea of little gift bags or baskets filled with favorite things like candles, little treats or candies that you love,must have cds, toiletries and other little things like that! But that is just me and my opinion... Good luck, and congrats!
-Jared

PJ said...

I bought matching purses for all of my bridesmaids to carry the day of the wedding. I also bought them earrings to wear--each were different in style but similar enough that they worked well together. I also bought them a fancy hanger for their bridesmaids dresses, but that was more of a token gift.

Hope that helped!

PJ said...

I bought matching purses for all of my bridesmaids to carry the day of the wedding. I also bought them earrings to wear--each were different in style but similar enough that they worked well together. I also bought them a fancy hanger for their bridesmaids dresses, but that was more of a token gift.

Hope that helped!

Sarah Baker said...

Thanks for the suggestions! I think making each girl a mix CD is a great idea, Mr. Jay! I also think the pomegranate hand cream at Trocadero might make it into the gifts...its delectable.

I think matching bags would be so cute on the wedding day, PJ.

I'll post as things continue to move forward! yay!