Friday, April 17, 2009

Put A Feather In It



I have a confession to make: I love birds. No, I've never had a pet parakeet, nor would I ever own a bird in cage. I'm not a bird watcher, and in my mind, any bird with a hint of azure to its feathers is a Bluebird.

Perhaps my bizarre affinity towards birds explains why one of my favorite accessories at the Troc is the Pluma feather headband. Did you catch the photo of Milla Jovovich wearing the "Kit" style in the March 16, 2009 issue of People? The magazine declared "feathers" a H-O-T trend for Spring, and we at the store agree! 

If you're not sure whether you can pull off a feather headband, try wearing one that blends in with the color of your hair. For example, if you're a brunette, go for the headband with the black and green feather rather than a lighter version. That way, the look is less "in your face." Personally, I love when the feather pops, so I often choose to wear the white headband with the white and brown feather in my almost-auburn hair.

If you own a Pluma headband, let us know how you like to wear it: matching your hair color or contrasting with it. 


No comments: