Thursday, April 2, 2009

Mad About Marigolds



April showers bring L.A.M.B. flowers! Since my first day working at Trocadero, I've had my eye on this L.A.M.B. Signature Greenwood Satchel in Marigold. The bright reds and oranges of the marigolds screamed for attention, and I could see myself toting the bag around Omaha all Spring and Summer. The change of the weather and the extra hours of daylight pushed me over the edge, and I finally bought the handbag the other day!

Sadly, I discovered a pen mark on the lower right hand side this morning when I photographing the bag for this post. I'm devastated. At $395, this bag is not terribly expensive, but it certainly ain't cheap! I'm in major crisis mode at the moment and scouring the internet for tricks on removing ink from leather. Do you have any good ideas? I could use all the help I can get!

2 comments:

Sarah Baker said...

Hi PJ - that happened to me with a light yellow marc jacobs bag. So upsetting! If you want to try some home remedies, you can try using a pencil eraser, but just make sure its white, a white bar of soap that you rub on the pen to remove it or, supposedly, squirting perfume on the ink and rubbing with a soft cloth helps.

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf848619.tip.html

Helen3296 said...

That must be frustrating!! Try an eraser, it works sometimes. Let us know if you find something else that works.