Monday, April 6, 2009

Gwen in the House



We just received another shipment from L.A.M.B. and we practically sold the bags right out of the shipping boxes. I have to admit I wasn't always sure about the brand, thinking it might not be the right fit for Omaha or even for my store in general. But I was totally wrong...Omaha is crazy about Gwen! It's easy to see why when you check out both her L.A.M.B. collection as well as her fun, nylon and canvas Harajuku Lovers line. I knew the quality of the line would be great -- her line is manufactured by the same folks who started the company Le Sportsac way back when. It was my friend Tim's great idea to have Gwen collaborate with Le Sportsac on those awesome nylon bags so when it came down to finding someone to partner with for her own bag collection, Tim was naturally her go-to-guy. This season for Harajuku, Gwen brought back that retro print, reminiscent of her first collection at Le Sportsac.  We love it here in "the Raddest" shape. I also love the new button and ribbons she has put on this collection of Harajuku bags.
I love the Harajuku Lovers bags for their lightheartedness and affordability. But I am really impressed by the chic-factor of so many of the L.A.M.B. bags this season, most notably the collection we just received. First, "the Rabais" is this chevron fabric satchel with optional long strap. I love the accents of cobalt blue and yellow against the black and white chevron pattern. It's really something totally unique but at the same time is versatile enough to wear with both casual and dressy outfits. This bag also comes in a clutch called "the Bala" that is so well-priced at $195. Really, it's a steal, since it's sooo adorable and chic. Another bag that I haven't seen much anywhere is "the Smyth," a soft leather cut-out handle tote that has a long canvas strap that can be worn as a long shoulder strap or even cross-body. I love the white racing stripe down the center. I'm a big fan of the sporty look this season and think that touches of it look especially nice with soft, feminine silhouettes like shirtdresses, flowy skirts with a t-shirt or a ruffle top and pair of jeans. One last bag from this delivery is "the Busby," the perfect cross-body shape that is the summer solution bag for any woman. I love it especially when traveling as it fits all the essentials and it fits close to the body keeping your passport and money safe. But it's also the perfect size when you're heading out to a quick dinner with friends or out for a walk around the block. We've always sold these small cross-body shapes well at Trocadero and are always anxiously awaiting this style of bag. If you haven't checked out the L.A.M.B. bags in a while, we invite you to check them out online or in person. And while you're at the store you can see a special signed photo that Gwen signed for me (she was after all, in her "Alice in Wonderland"-themed outfit from her "What You Waiting For" video).

No comments: